Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Condition
1. The client who signifies his/her acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself/herself and persons under his/her authority, which means that all are bound by these terms and conditions (‘these terms’) of Lions and Birdies Tours as if they had individually made the application themselves.
2. All estimates or quotations provided by, or bookings made with Lions and Birdies Tours are subject to these terms.
3. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the safari cost for each person is required when booking. This booking fee is accepted as part of the inclusive fare as specified in the Booking Confirmation Form (‘the fare’).
4. The full amount due by the client to Lions and Birdies Tours shall be payable not less than ninety days prior to the date of departure. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Lions and Birdies Tours reserves the right to treat the bookings as cancelled. Bookings made within eight weeks of departure date must be paid in full immediately.
5. Should the client amend his/her booking at any stage, either in the form of a date change, itinerary amendment or any change whatsoever, Lions and Birdies Tours reserves the right to charge an amendment fee per booking. One itinerary amendment is free, thereafter each change will be charged at US$50 per booking, over and above the tour cost.
6. If a booking is cancelled, then, over and above such cancellation fees as each hotel/lodge/ground operator/airline may charge and for which the client will be liable, the following will apply:
90 or more days prior to departure - Loss of Deposit
89 - 46 days prior to departure - 50% of total cost
45 days or less prior to departure - 100% of total cost
Lions and Birdies Tours reserves the right to and shall be entitled to cancel any tour or product sold prior to departure. In this case, Lions and Birdies Tours shall be obligated to refund all amounts received by it and the client, who shall have no further claim of any nature whatsoever against Lions and Birdies Tours arising out of such cancellation.
7. Should a client fail to join a tour, or fail to use the accommodation/services booked by Lions and Birdies Tours on their behalf, for any reason whatsoever, no refund or liability will be accepted by Lions and Birdies Tours.
8. Lions and Birdies Tours provides clients with travel and/or other services either itself or acting as agents for principals engaged in or associated with the travel industry, such as airlines. Lions and Birdies Tours represents such principals as agents only and accordingly accepts no liability for any loss, damage, injury or death which any client may suffer as a result of any act or omission on the part of or the failure of such principals to fulfill their obligations, whether in relation to travel arrangements, accommodation or otherwise. The contract in use by such principals shall constitute the sole contract between the principal and the client and any right of recourse the client may have, will be solely against such principal.
9. Cancellation, medical & repatriation insurance is compulsory for all Lions and Birdies Tours bookings, and it is the client’s responsibility to arrange such insurance, through the client’s broker. It is strongly recommended that clients also take out insurance to cover emergency travel and accommodation, lost baggage and any other cover the clients deems fit. Other than compulsory insurance, the decision which insurance cover he/she obtains is solely the responsibility of the client.
10. The client acknowledges that the air fares and itinerary specified in the Booking Confirmation Form, may be varied by Lions and Birdies Tours from time to time. Fare increases may occur inter alia due to any increase in airline/hotel/lodge tariffs, fuel costs, game reserve fees, or fluctuation of exchange rates. Should the group number fall below the minimum number required for the booking as specified in the Booking Confirmation Form, Lions and Birdies Tours reserves the right to re-cost the rates.
11. The client acknowledges that it is solely his/her responsibility to ensure that he/she is in possession of the necessary travel documents that may be required in respect of the proposed tour and itinerary as well as all health and other certificates that may be required from time to time. Lions and Birdies Tours will endeavors to assist the client but such assistance will be at Lions and Birdies Tours’ discretion and the client acknowledges that in doing so, Lions and Birdies Tours is not assuming any obligation or liability and the client indemnifies Lions and Birdies Tours against any consequences of non-compliance.
12. The client agrees that he/she will at all times comply with Lions and Birdies Tours or others requirements in regard to his/her conduct, and he/she will not in any way constitute a nuisance to any other passenger on the tour.
13. When the client is travelling with persons under his/her authority, he/she warrants that he/she is authorized to bind every member to the terms of the contract.
14. These terms constitute the entire terms of the relationship between the parties. There exists no other terms, conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever regulating the relationship, and the client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of or Lions and Birdies Tours otherwise that is not included herein.
15. Clients, who have special requests, must specify such requests to Lions and Birdies Tours in the Booking Reservation Form. Whilst Lions and Birdies Tours will always endeavor to accommodate such requests, it does not guarantee that it will always be possible.
16. No amendment, cancellation or waiver of any terms or right referred to herein shall be valid or binding unless reduced to writing and signed by both the client and a duly authorized representative of Lions and Birdies Tours.
17. No refunds will be considered in any circumstances whatsoever, although Lions and Birdies Tours may, in its sole discretion, consider a refund in the event of death or serious illness of the Client.