Thornybush Nature Reserve
Nestled on a curve of the seasonal Timbavati River, Shimungwe is your top choice for relaxed, all-inclusive 4-star family safaris, and intimate getaways in the Greater Kruger National Park area. This intimate, secluded lodge allows for the indulgent enjoyment of every luxury, guided game drives, fantastic birding, and outstanding Big Five game viewing. Enjoy excellent game viewing opportunities from your suite and the game viewing deck overlooking a waterhole. Relax around the swimming pool or communal lounge and enjoy sublime local cuisine both indoors and al fresco around a blazing fire. Once a private residence reserved only for invited guests, Shimungwe lends itself well to exclusive company, single travelers and families. The lodge accommodates just eight people ensuring personalized hospitality and outstanding attention to detail. Each of the four suites accommodates two guests, featuring one bedroom with a double bed, en-suite bathroom, outdoor shower and private deck. Each of the four suites ensure spacious, comfortable living with ample glass windows to allow for maximum lighting and gorgeous views over the seasonal…
Timbavati River. Suites are fully air-conditioned with en-suite bathrooms featuring a separate bath and shower as well as an outdoor shower and private deck area.
The day starts as dawn breaks. After an early morning wake-up call, coffee, tea and rusks are served on the main deck shortly before departing in an open game viewing vehicle with experienced Rangers and Trackers who will share their extensive knowledge of the bush. These drives are undertaken at times best suited for game viewing which varies depending on the season but typically starts early morning.
The afternoon game drive is preceded by high tea and extends into the evening to view seldom seen nocturnal species by torchlight.
AT A GLANCE
- 4 Luxury Suites with views of riverine frontage and frequented waterhole
- Full en-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers
- Overhead ceiling fans, air-conditioning and mosquito netting
- Large viewing decks
- Swimming pool
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Wildlife viewing directly from your room
- Big Five game reserve
- Situated within 35,000 acres of pristine wilderness, adjacent to the Kruger National Park, Thornybush Nature Reserve has achieved numerous world firsts, both for conservation and hospitality
- Early morning and late afternoon into evening game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Interpretive bush walks
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities
- Wi-Fi internet access in guest areas
- 220v AC power