spectacular views. The boma, an open air dining area enclosed by trees and a perfect place to enjoy dinner next to a blazing fire, is situated conveniently close to the main lodge.
A team of exceptional chefs combine the freshest local ingredients with flair, talent and imagination to create sumptuous meals. European influences and African flavors are mixed to create unique and memorable dining experiences. Meals are served in a variety of locations throughout the lodge - you can dine on the main deck under the stars, next to the sparkling swimming pool, in the boma surrounded by forest and under a canopy of stars, or even out in the bush surrounded only by flickering lanterns. Private meals can also be quickly and easily set up in the privacy of your suite if you would prefer to dine alone. The sumptuous meals are complimented by an award-winning wine list which you can personally select from the underground wine cellar.
In between game viewing activities consider a massage at the spa, a workout in the air-conditioned gym, or just relax in the heated infinity swimming pool with a cocktail or two. The main lodge also has complimentary Wi-Fi, as well as a curio shop, a library area, and an upstairs den.
One of the most significant aspects of Madikwe is the extremely varied terrain, providing a backdrop to the rich diversity of plant, bird and animal life. Located on the edge of a very arid Kalahari region, but still receiving relatively high rainfall, Madikwe is unique in that both dry area and moist area plant and animal species are found in the reserve. There are two daily game drives timed to make the most of the periods when the game is the most active - one in the early morning and another in the late afternoon. The afternoon drive, after a brief stop to enjoy sundowners, continues into the night where a shielded spotlight revealing the nocturnal wildlife of the bush. Game drive times may vary according to game activity and spontaneous drives may also go out in response to animal activity near the lodge. For an even more in-depth exploration of the bush, a game walk is essential. A highly educational and uniquely enlightening experience, your armed and experienced guide will lead you along game paths in the footsteps of the animals, allowing you to feel the thrill of walking through this wild environment.
AT A GLANCE
- 8 luxury suites
- Each suite is air-conditioned suites
- All have open-fronted lounges, private sundecks and spacious bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers. The entire front of the en-suite bathroom can be opened to the bush. Each suite has a private lounge as well as a private viewing deck with a spectacular view of the bush.
- Central heated swimming pool
- Wildlife viewing directly from the lodge
- Malaria free Big Five game reserve
- Located on private ground, meaning no other vehicles can access the area
- Located by Marico River, the only permanent water source in the reserve, which attracts wildlife
- Wildlife includes lion, leopard, wild dog, elephant, white rhino, black rhino, brown hyena, spotted hyena, zebra, impala, wildebeest, giraffe, warthog and more
- Early morning and late afternoon into evening game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Interpretive bush walks
- Spa and an air-conditioned gym
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi in guest areas
- 220v AC power