GOMOTI PRIVATE CAMP
Gomoti Private Camp is a small exclusive camp attached to Gomoti Plains Camp, offering total exclusivity and privacy. The camp is located in an exclusive 248,000 acre concession, on the edge of the Gomoti river system southeast of the Okavango Delta. The Gomoti tree is locally known as the water fig and grows alongside waterways in the Okavango delta. It’s a smallish tree which sometimes grows no bigger than a bush. The area is known for its large concentrations of wildlife which thrive on the Gomoti plains and waterways. The Gomoti trees line the waterways and provide excellent cover for nesting water birds such as herons and storks. The design of the camp includes a small intimate dining and lounge area with its own private plunge pool. Relax and enjoy the sounds of Africa from around the campfire at night, indulging in one of Africa’s primal pleasures. You have your own guide and vehicle to explore the wild Gomoti region. You are also able to explore the waterways in a motorized boat and on a silent mokoro, water levels dependent. The camp overlooks the Gomoti flood plain system with a view of 1000 Palm Island. Perfect for those
that want to enjoy one of the finest wildlife areas in Africa, in a totally exclusive private camp.
The tents are decorated in a classic safari style incorporating the land and water of the Okavango delta which make up this beautiful land. Luxurious, comfortable, classic. All rooms have hot and cold running water, inside and outside showers, flush toilets and twin his and her basins. Electricity in the tents is reserved for lighting and charging of batteries, computers.
The wildlife viewing in the area, both from vehicle or water is superb. You can look forward to mokoro trips, motor boats (water dependent) and game viewing by vehicle and on foot. Being in a private concession, you can also look forward to night drives and off road viewing.
Game drives are conducted in the mornings and afternoon/evenings at camp. They usually last about three hours each and are conducted along the river systems and flood plains around the camp. The wildlife in the area is prolific and chances are good to see wild dog, large prides of lions, big herds of buffalo and elephant, leopard, cheetah and all the plains animals that occur here. Night drives are conducted in the early evening offering one a chance to see the smaller more nocturnal animals with spotlights.
Gomoti Private Camp offers the perfect pairing with both Machaba Camps both in affordability, luxury and diverse offering.
AT A GLANCE
- 1 luxury tents with private verandas
- 1 luxury family tents with private verandas
- En-suite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers
- Swimming pool with a view
- Traversing rights over 248,000 acres
- Wildlife includes elephant, buffalo, zebra, lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog, giraffe, eland, sable, hippo, hyena and various other nocturnal species to mention a few
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives that continue after nightfall
- After dinner night game drives
- Walking safari
- Mokoro & motor boating trips
- Massages available in-room
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Solar and back-up generator supplies 220v AC power